You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Sticky Welcome & Introductions
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Administrator
Posted 2003-09-20 12:57 PM (#1)
Subject: Welcome & Introductions

New user

Welcome to the Vision-Riders.com forum!

Please introduce yourself and be sure to put your location (City & State is fine) in your profile. Other member might be right around the corner!

Feel free to add your bike year & model to your signature area (located in your control panel) so that others will have that info when answering your questions.

Most of all, Enjoy this site and meet some great people!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2007-06-03 8:09 AM (#7 - in reply to #1)
Subject: Re: Welcome

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Thanks! I hope this becomes a great site for info on the Victory Vision!
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2007-08-12 5:00 PM (#219 - in reply to #1)

Iron Butt

, FL United States
I think that this is going to be "THE PREMIER" site for Vic Vis riders & enthusiasts
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2007-09-01 9:53 PM (#310 - in reply to #1)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Everyone - Thanks for registering. Please fill out your profiles so we know where you're from. I hope you find the site useful and informative. Your participation and suggestions will drive the site. If you have an interest in contributing an article or have a suggestion for this site, please let us know. Thanks!
Newfie
Posted 2007-10-08 12:52 PM (#653 - in reply to #310)

Cruiser

Edmonton, AB
Hi Jam,

Quick note to let you know that I have been enjoying the site. The info I was able to get form this site as well as the VMC forums certainly played a role in my decision to by a Victory. All I have to do now is survive the winter and hope the roads are bare by April 15th when I pick up my Midnight Cherry Tour Premium. Only 190 days to go but it's going to seem like a long winter.

One question....When reading the forum on the VMC the most recent postings come up on top but on this site I have to scroll to the bottom every time to find the postings that I haven't read yet. In the case of items that have more then a full page of replies you have to select page 2 and then scroll down. As a "Newbie" on these forums, I have found the most recent on top setup to be far easier to use. I am wondering if there is a control button, option, etc, or some way that I can have the messages in Vision Riders forum show up with most recent on top, similar to the VMC forum.

Thanks for any help you can provide to this regualr visitor to your site. Keep up the good work. I enjoy visiting the site and I look forward to spending many hours here in the upcoming winter trying to pass the time until spring.
metalguy
Posted 2007-10-14 11:28 AM (#818 - in reply to #1)

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
I just joined today. I am awaiting my Vision premium tour...I test rode it and the Goldwing the same day, within 2 hours of each other, as they were the only two I was considering....The Victory won out!----Metalguy
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-21 9:10 AM (#2155 - in reply to #1)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
I would be off my nut if it wasn't for this site. The bubbas on here are oh kay. Great info, and enough crazyness to stop me from "offing" the southern portion of California...
johnnyz
Posted 2007-12-03 7:30 PM (#2466 - in reply to #1)
Subject: RE: Welcome

Puddle Jumper

Oregon
Hello! New here, just registered. Should be recieving my Victory Vision Tour in about week. Can't wait......
cjnoho
Posted 2007-12-03 9:20 PM (#2469 - in reply to #1)

Visionary

So Cal
Welcome jonnyz!!
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-10 2:46 PM (#2772 - in reply to #1)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
welcome aboard jonnyz...take what you can from the site. a good bunch on here!
maddog
Posted 2007-12-10 8:22 PM (#2790 - in reply to #1)

Cruiser

Nebraska
Hey, New here. Got my Vision in October. Put 3K on it purty quick. Snowed & iced in now though. Thanks for putting this site up. Its going to be a great source for info on these bikes.
cjnoho
Posted 2007-12-10 9:06 PM (#2791 - in reply to #1)

Visionary

So Cal
Welcome maddog!! This site should help you get through the snow an ice.
VictoryatNC
Posted 2007-12-11 9:36 PM (#2826 - in reply to #2790)

New user

Mooresville, NC
maddog - 2007-12-10 8:22 PM

Hey, New here. Got my Vision in October. Put 3K on it purty quick. Snowed & iced in now though. Thanks for putting this site up. Its going to be a great source for info on these bikes.

Thought I'd follow my bud Maddog over and check out this place. Damn, It was 77 here today and is going to be 77 again tomorrow and all I have to ride is an old TC.

Edited by VictoryatNC 2007-12-11 9:37 PM
maddog
Posted 2007-12-11 10:07 PM (#2827 - in reply to #1)

Cruiser

Nebraska
Hey NC whats up. You lookin at Fagwagon er I mean Vision ? Got up to 19 here today after 2in of freezing rain followed by 3in of more snow. I shoulda bought a new sled.
Byrdman
Posted 2007-12-12 2:19 AM (#2837 - in reply to #1)

Cruiser

Richmond, Texas
I have a black Tourer. I went and bought a black tourer yesterday!
So far its great. I've only put 150 miles on it, but this weekend I will finish the break in period.
I added $4000 in add ons to it and those will be shipped and put on when it gets its first service.
I hate break in periods!
Cant wait to let her rip!

I rode up to the lake house over the weekend to do my break-in miles.
I have 685 miles on it now and its ready to have its first service.
The bike really rides well. I was very impressed with how easily it went into the curves and how well it handled in the curves. It has an ample suspension and handles rough roads very well. It has a very comfortable seating position and the position of the grips was surprisingly comfortable. I wondered about that before I bought it.
This thing has some lights on it let me tell you! Everyone kept flashing their brights at me even though I was using the dim lights and did not have the round driving light on.
The seat needs a little work where it turns up. I think its pretty good for a stock seat, but I may look into getting it modified a little in the back.
It has alot of power for a bike that size. Even in 6th gear it just really moved with a twist of the wrist.
I really loved the cruise control! Did I say I really loved the cruise control yet? I did. I have never had an electronic cruise on a bike and this is no throttle lock.
I have to ask the service guys about one main issue. The bike sputtered and died on me I think 3 different times when I was slowing down for an intersection and downshifting. I have no idea what that was. It started right back up, but it needs to be addressed.
I think I am going to get some leather leggings for my right leg. That pipe on the right side really gets hot. I noticed that the pipes were blueing inder the heat shields some. I know that all bikes do this some. I just did not expect it so soon. When I get my highway pegs on the heat build up should not be that big of a deal, too.
The radio was good, but when I got out in the middle of nowhere the antenna just did not do very well. I know what radio stations I should have been able to pick up but they were not to be found. I have XM radio on my Zumo so that's not really a big issue for me.
Be warned!!!
When you pull up to your local watering hole expect to be mobbed by most of the bikers already there. I had a group of about 20 swarm me when I got back in town and stopped for a beer. Even non-bikers were asking questions.
Overall I give it a 9.5. There's always room to improve. I cant wait for all my add ons to get in so I can do some improvements.
So I have one question for those of you that have had V-twins with the blacked out areas like this motor has. When washing the bike do you have to use just water and a sponge on these areas in order to not discolor the black areas? Just curious. Any tips appreciated.
I love the bike and am looking forward to traveling all over the USA on it. Now I have to think of a name for him.

VisionTex
Posted 2007-12-12 7:15 AM (#2840 - in reply to #2837)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
If your bike was made early enough it would need the voltage regulator recall completed. The dealer may have not done this, and that may cause the motor to die or sputter at slow speeds. I too got a lot of flashed lights the first night drive I took. I readjusted the headlight the next day,this should help. The manual has good detail in adjusting the light, you just need small hands. The headlight adjuster wheel is really packed in there. Sounds like your really having fun with the Black Tour, good luck and enjoy.
Byrdman
Posted 2007-12-12 12:12 PM (#2849 - in reply to #2840)

Cruiser

Richmond, Texas
Thanks for the infp!!
Byrdman
Posted 2007-12-12 6:46 PM (#2860 - in reply to #2840)

Cruiser

Richmond, Texas
I saw that you are from Houston and that you like Visions and Ford Mustangs.

Me too!

I just got my Vision and I am actively working on a 1967 Mustang Coupe.

Cool!
VisionTex
Posted 2007-12-12 9:48 PM (#2885 - in reply to #2860)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Byrdman, send me an e-mail, I believe I know the bike you bought. 68 Coupe.
GAgirlTrixie
Posted 2007-12-28 4:21 PM (#3486 - in reply to #1)

Tourer

Savannah, GA -Year round riding!! Yay!

Hello! I just found this site, as a result of searching on CafePress.com for "Victory Vision". I am a new Vision owner. My dear husband surprised me with a Tour Premium for Christmas, about 2 weeks ago. This is my first "non-Honda" (my hubby is very brand loyal).

I have been riding front seat for about 2 years. I have previously had a Shadow 750 ACE, a VTX 1300 R, and a 599 Hornet. The Vision is the first bike I have ever owned that I have not had the immediate feel that I need to change the seat, add risers, any sort of "comfort" mods. I have a communication system on order, and am debating on adding the XM system. I am trying to figure out how to mount my zumo GPS (I love having all of my routes and way points able to carry from bike to bike). The downfall of this is that my husband and I own a motorcycle apparel store. We have just added bike accessories, so this could be the first bike I could customize, at cost! LOL

Anyway, I just wanted to say "Hi" and introduce myself.

Cindy

cjnoho
Posted 2007-12-28 10:02 PM (#3506 - in reply to #1)

Visionary

So Cal
Welcome aboard!! XM is definately worth the extra $$ as opposed to the XM add-ons. Throw some pix on in front of the store. A little PR couldnt hurt.
GAgirlTrixie
Posted 2007-12-29 9:09 AM (#3521 - in reply to #3506)

Tourer

Savannah, GA -Year round riding!! Yay!

I ride to work my most days. Needless to say, everyone that comes in is either, "Wow! What is that?!", or the Victory fans are like "Who's Vision?". I did a Toy Run here 2 days after I picked up my ViVi. (My hubby & I take turns doing poker/toy runs since opening the store. One of us has to man the store, one to hand out fliers, coupons, etc.) He got upset that I didn't pass out fliers that day. I spent the majority of the day answering questions, letting people throw a leg over, etc. When ever I go anywhere, grocery store, nail salon, Wally World, etc., I have to build in extra time to answer questions in the parking lot! LOL I wear a lot of pink (could you tell?). I've had women pull up next to me, going 50 mph+, going "You go girl! Love your bike!". LOL

edradio
Posted 2008-02-05 3:13 PM (#4930 - in reply to #1)

Cruiser

Las Vegas, Nevada USA baby!
Monday, February 4th 2008 a day that will live in infamy. Well maybe not infamy but anyway, for me it was the day I brought home the Vi-Vi Tour. Steel Gray.

I rode from the Arlen Ness/Victory dealer on Boulder Highway on the East side of Las Vegas, and I live the other side of "The Strip". Every traffic signal was someone doings thumbs up, or asking questions. Wow!

My immediate neighbor is "West Side Choppers" and they have a Victory certified mechanic! Friends and neighbors! They came over and googled it in person for a bit!

I traded in a 2007 Kawasaki Nomad-1600 touring bike. When I moved from a Vulcan 800A to the Nomad, I thought I was done buying for a while. However Saturday, Groundhog day 2008, the Arlen Ness folks sent me out on a 1 1/2 hour demo ride by myself. They called me after one hour to see if I'd stole it or not! We started the deal when I got back cause I was the fish on the hook... caught by the ride for sure!

I was thinkng when I got back from the test ride that I don't remember operating the Vi-Vi because it was so, so... well darn well designed. Then I watched the DVD that Victory produced on it and they use the term telepathic input. Yeah! That's it. That is why I enjoyed the ride so well. There was none of that "Trying to get used to this unfamiliar bike" training going on in my mind. It was made to work that way!

Make sure the gas cap is really twisted good till it clicks. I didn't close it good, and pew! I got gas sloshing from the overflow and ended up blowing onto my right foot. Stinky stinky! However none got on the exterior of the "tank" whatsoever.

I am an announcer voice over artist on the radio, and one of the radio show hosts chatted on the air about my bike with me (neither endorsing or promoting). Then an avid listener and VTX rider/acquaintance called in and chatted about it with me. He planned on trading his VTX in for a Gold Wing, and I think I have convinced him to at least test ride the ViVi. If I go with him and he buys, the Arlen Ness folks will give me $200.00 in-store credit there!

I have to go now and change my gas smelly socks and shoes, P.U.!

This Sunday in SoNev should be in the mid-60's, so guess what I will be doing!
okthenbye
Posted 2008-02-05 7:43 PM (#4936 - in reply to #1)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
This is a great site. Since my order was placed early on while waiting for the arrival of my Midnight Cherry Tour Premium I found many others in the club. While the waiting was tough (my baby finaly came in early November) this site made it worthwhile. The information shared here give added value to Vision ownership. A great group and it keeps on growing. Welcome, and thanks for this site!
bobbybhb
Posted 2008-02-07 6:25 PM (#5034 - in reply to #1)

Cruiser

CALGARY ALBERTA
Great site. Super info. Maybe we could add a registration site by numbers. Thanks BHB
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™